JUNG-GU, DAEGU METROPOLITAN CITY

History Exploration

History of Jung-gu Adminstration

Gyeongsang-gamyeong park
It is made when JoongBu and JongRo branch offices are added to control city and direct control villages (54 villages inside and outside of castle) on April 1, 1953.
History
1953. 4. 1
Set up Daegu-city JoongBu JongRo branch office
1963. 1. 1
Both branch offices are merged when new system becomes effective and it is elevated to Daegu-city Joong-gu
1965. 1. 1
merger and abolition of administrative villages (13 administrative villages)
1980. 4. 1
change of administrative area (Parts of NamGu, NamSan-dong, and DaeBong-dong are added - 19 administrative villages)
1981. 7. 1
elevated to Daegu direct control city
1988. 5. 1
elevated to self-administration city
1991. 4. 15
opened district assembly when local autonomy system is deployed
1995. 1. 1
name change to Daegu metropolitan city Joong-gu
1995. 7. 1
opened civil autonomy era
1998. 9. 14
merger and abolition of administrative villages (19 administrative villages -> 13 administrative villages)
1999. 6. 1
moved district hall to 177-4 DongIn 2-ga
2007. 9. 1
History of Administration: the change of the name of the Dong Office to Dong Community Service Center
  • History Exploration
    • History of Jung-gu Adminstration
    • Historic Figures in Jung-gu
    • The Origin of Regions’ Name
  • Cultural Event
  • Festival
    • Daegu Yangnyeongsi Festival
    • Donseongno Festival
    • Bongsan Art Festival
    • Overseas Chinese Festival
    • Seomun Market Festival
    • Fashion Jewelry Festival
    • Bongsan Porcelain Fair