JUNG-GU, DAEGU METROPOLITAN CITY

History Exploration

The Origin of Regions’ Name

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Pojeong-dong
This area was called Pojeong-dong named after the front gate of Seonwhadang (宣化堂) (the Supreme Provincial Government Office of Gyeongsang-do), which was in this area, was called Pojeongmun (布政門). It belonged to Dongsan-myeon Daegu-bu. This area was called Sangjeong in 1914 in accordance with the implementation of the new administrative district system in 1914 after consolidating some parts of Sinjeon-ri (薪田里), Hu-dong (後洞) and Sai-dong (射二洞). And then, it was renamed the current name.

Pojeong-dong (布政洞) was the place where the Supreme Provincial Government Office and Gyeongbuk-do Office were established. Although it has become a recreational area for people after being redeveloped as Gamyeong Park (supreme provincial government park), to this day it contains several remnants of the time when the supreme provincial government was there.
  • History Exploration
    • History of Jung-gu Adminstration
    • Historic Figures in Jung-gu
    • The Origin of Regions’ Name
  • Cultural Event
  • Festival
    • Daegu Yangnyeongsi Festival
    • Donseongno Festival
    • Bongsan Art Festival
    • Overseas Chinese Festival
    • Seomun Market Festival
    • Fashion Jewelry Festival
    • Bongsan Porcelain Fair