JUNG-GU, DAEGU METROPOLITAN CITY

History Exploration

The Origin of Regions’ Name

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Wanjeon-dong
It belonged to Yongdeok-ri, Dongsan-myeon Daegu-bu. There were a lot of Wanggolbat (bulrush fields) in the area, so that it was called Golbal or Wanjeon. After being called Bukyonggangjeong (北龍岡町) in 1914, it was renamed Wanjeon-dong in 1946.
Yongdeok-dong
It belonged to Dongsan-myeon Daegu-bu and was called Yongdugol or Yongdeok-ri because there was a long slope. It was Yeongjeong (榮町) in 1914 and then, became Yongdeok-dong in 1946.
Ingyo-dong
It belonged to Seosang-myeon Daegu-bu. Due to the existence of Jinggeomdari (stepping stones), this area was called Jinggeumdari or Ingyo (Gyo means a bridge in Chinese character). It became Sujeong (竪町) in 1914 and then, was renamed Ingyo-dong in 1946.
  • History Exploration
    • History of Jung-gu Adminstration
    • Historic Figures in Jung-gu
    • The Origin of Regions’ Name
  • Cultural Event
  • Festival
    • Daegu Yangnyeongsi Festival
    • Donseongno Festival
    • Bongsan Art Festival
    • Overseas Chinese Festival
    • Seomun Market Festival
    • Fashion Jewelry Festival
    • Bongsan Porcelain Fair