JUNG-GU, DAEGU METROPOLITAN CITY

History Exploration

The Origin of Regions’ Name

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Janggwan-dong
It belonged to Seosang-myeon Daegu-bu. Combining with some parts of Namil-dong and Namjung-dong and was called Seocheondaejeonjeong (西千代田町) in 1914. In 1946 it was changed to Janggwan-dong in 1946 by applying the meaning of Jingolmok (a long alley) - Jang means long in Chinese character.
Jeon-dong
It belonged to Dongsan-myeon Daegu-bu. Being located in front the Supreme Provincial Government Office, it was called Apma or Jeon-dong; both Ap and Jeon refer to being in front. It became Jeonjeong (前町) in 1914 and then, changed to Jeong-dong in 1946.
Jongno1.2-ga
Belonging to Seosang-myeon Daegu-bu, they were called Gyeongjeong 1 and 2 Jeongmok in 1914 and then, were changed Jongno 1·2 named after Jongno in Seoul in 1946.
  • History Exploration
    • History of Jung-gu Adminstration
    • Historic Figures in Jung-gu
    • The Origin of Regions’ Name
  • Cultural Event
  • Festival
    • Daegu Yangnyeongsi Festival
    • Donseongno Festival
    • Bongsan Art Festival
    • Overseas Chinese Festival
    • Seomun Market Festival
    • Fashion Jewelry Festival
    • Bongsan Porcelain Fair